Sunday 29 July 2007

Checking In

Tomorrow I'm going to check myself into hospital. I need to, my chemical balance is all wrong and I'm a nervous wreck right now. I can't move confidently around my mind any more, I'm having to settle in one key and accept the restrictions and consequences imposed. I'm trying so hard to surrender and feel instead of think, but it's proving so hard. I don't want to become over-reliant on medication, but I have to do something because I just can't cope with it any more. I can't see beyond myself, and I hate that because I want to engage and contribute towards reality. But the fear is so bad that it's stopping me dead in my tracks.

Now normally I would continue the post by analyzing why I feel this way, but I simply haven't got the energy or the inclination to do that now. So I'm checking into hospital tomorrow, because after 5 years of social isolation I deserve a bit of rest and recuperation. I'll address the medication thing later, I just need to feel better first.

4 comments:

Aimée said...

Best of luck. I hope you feel more at peace soon.

Polar Bear said...

Good luck - will see you when you return.

nadcesca said...

I hope everything is going well with you! Take care.
PS I'm proud of you for taking the step to admit you in the hospital for your own security and to take action in order to get better. Hugs

Anonymous said...

This is a hard choice... I know I won't go to the hospital on my own never more...I did it once... and it turned out as a nightmare... They scared me as hell... and I don't want to go there anymore... no matter how bad I feel... and believe me... I do feel bad actually... but I wont go there not even if they would pay me to...
Good luck!