Friday 23 February 2007

Avoiding The Intro

I hate intros, don't you?

I've started so many blogs with the best of intentions, only to see the enthusiasm frittered away on a lousy intro. And I hate small talk and initiation, neither of which bodes well for writing a quality intro. So maybe I should just kick into gear straight away, and carry the momentum forward.

I really shouldn't have to explain what Working The Borderline is all about. Those who know just know, and those who don't know are probably better off for not knowing. (And probably aren't reading, so let's not waste our breath on them). I am not a border patrol cop or anything like that, although I have to confess it feels like that sometimes. No, the "borderline" in question is whatever borderline disorder it is that I have. Some have diagnosed it as an autistic disorder, others a schizoid disorder, others a neurological disorder, and so on ad nausea. Personally I couldn't give a toss. I used to give a toss, and that's why I don't anymore. It takes its toll, y'know? A bit like a border patrol cop...

Along the way I also hope to introduce you to one or two of my redeeming features. Admittedly I haven't figured out what they are yet, but I'll let you know when I do!

Anyway, the intention with this is simply to write in the moment about how I'm feeling, as I'm feeling it. Because I suspect it's the lack of addressing my feelings that creates so much fear. I feel ok now, but I'm drinking to quell my nerves, which isn't good and I know it. But if I wasn't drinking to quell my nerves, I wouldn't be writing this because I would be shit scared and channeling all my efforts into fending off the fear. So you tell me...is a vice acceptable for the sake of getting the message out there? Or will a vice always hold a vice-like grip?

See, I told you I was the master of shit intros! But now that the intro's over and done with, it's downhill all the way! Woohoo!

No comments: